Sunday, November 15, 2009

Real Self

Sometimes I like to think what my personality was like as a child.
Before the world and all of its cracks tainted you.

I feel like that's when you truly lived out the best portrayal of your true self.
Of course, over the years you learn and grow a lot.... but I still... I feel like the younger you paints the best picture of who you are, what you like, and how your view the world.

Who was Dana?

1. EXTREMELY independent. I would spend hours in my room playing by myself. I was really comfortable being alone in my own space and thought.

2. I was the neighborhood welcome wagon. Whenever a new family moved in I would be the 1st one knocking on the door welcoming them. I wanted everyone to feel like they belonged!

3. I use to make up songs all the time. I remember being scared that when I grew up that all of the songs in the world were going to be used up, and I would never get to write for myself.

4. I felt the most love when sitting on the couch with my mom snuggling. Touch has always been the way I receive love the best. No matter how I feeling.... if I was close to my mom.. or brothers.. or grandma.. or dad... I felt self, secure and that everything was going to be alright.

5. I didn't like TV and would much prefer using my imagination.

and I am sure MUCH MUCH more.

What about you? What were you like?

No comments: