Friday, November 13, 2009

Growing up

I have been thinking a lot about life lately and have decided that I don't want to live a SUPER long life.

Don't get me wrong.... I desire marriage, kids and grand kids... but I don't want to live to be soooo old I lose my independence.

Interacting with my great grandparents have shown me that. My great grandma is only 87 and her mind is still completely with it, but she is losing her mobility. My Banka is 91 and his memory is lost. He reminds me of a child. We always need to remind him, who we are... how we are related... etc.

Even conversations with them always consist of how there friends have all passed away and how they miss there families.

Can you imagine being the only ones left out of your circle of friends? How lonely?
The only one left out of you cousins and siblings? So sad.

I guess they have us, but still.. it just makes me a little sad.

Its all in Gods hands, but that's what I would choose if I had my choice.

No comments: